We can all agree that most of the females love to color their nails. However, most of them are just not aware that nail polish is very dangerous because it contains certain chemical compounds that could do a lot of damage both on the inside and outside of the body.
According to some new studies, popular nail polish brands contain numerous harmful chemicals and numerous toxins that can cause hormonal imbalance and other health problems. The study focused on over 20 women who color their nails regularly with some of the most popular nail polish brands. The results showed that all of the brands tested positive on triphenylphosphate even after about 10 hours after the application.
There has been another study that tested 10 popular nail polish brands. It found that 8 of them also contain this compound, while 2 of those 8 products didn’t list the compound on the label. This is concerning triphenylphosphate as very harmful to the endocrine system.
WHAT IS TRIPHENYLPHOSPHATE?
Triphenylphosphate is the chemical compound that is able to disrupt your endocrine system and hormones and affect your metabolism as well as the reproductive system. The compound is especially harmful to the women who color their nails regularly – by doing this, they are letting the accumulation of triphenyl phosphate in their system, which is going to slowly destroy their body from the inside.
Triphenylphosphate is considered as a powerful neurotoxin and allergen that might have serious consequences on your general health, but the nail polishes contain even more dangerous compounds.
Here are some of them:
- Toluene is the chemical that is known to prevent proper child development and could cause skin irritation as well.
- Formaldehyde is the well-known carcinogen that has the ability to dissolve in water and air.
- Exposure to it might cause symptoms such as inflammation, shortness of breath and asthma, and it’s especially dangerous to the people who are suffering from chronic disorders.
Here are some natural alternatives to nail polish:
- This natural polish is also based on water and it doesn’t have even the slightest trace of the before mentioned chemicals.
- Acquarella is completely natural ingredient and offers over 50 different nail colors.
- It’s water-based and contains no formaldehyde, trip henylphos phatenortoluene.
- This is the vegan nail polish brand that is free of any toxins.
- This polish brand contains enamels that are based on argan oil and is completely free of toxins.
- It’s also the best choice in case you want your nails to stay hydrated.
- Colored nails look very nice, however using commercial brands that expose you to a risk that’s not worth taking.
- In case you must color your nails, always opt for a natural nail polish brand that won’t harm your nails and your general health.