Our lips are very tender — they do not have melanin, so they’re susceptible to sunburns, and we can destroy their protective cover simply by licking them (the enzymes in our saliva do the damage). So all of us can use a trick or two to have smooth, healthy, and kissable lips.
A nice smile is always appealing. Here is a list of ways you can keep your smile beautiful and avoid chapped and dry lips.
1. Avoid matte lipsticks
- Yes, they’re trendy, but matte lipsticks will dry out your lips.
- These are why Instagram stars apply extensive treatments and moisturizing primers to avoid damage to their lips while showing off new products or makeup trends.
2. Use a lip scrub
- Exfoliation is crucial for healthy lips, yet acidic exfoliants are damaging, so it is better to stick to natural treatments.
- You can buy them (check the ingredients list thoroughly) or make it yourself.
- The base should be an oil (specified shea or coconut oil) with a natural fine sugar as an exfoliant.
- For taste or personal pleasure, you can add essential oils or mashed fruits and veggies.
3. Lip rescue recipe
- Organic honey
- Cocoa butter
- Olive oil
- Mix these ingredients into a thin paste, and apply it to your lips before going to bed.
- The beauty of this recipe is that it doesn’t use beeswax or Vaseline, so you can probably whip it up using things in your pantry.
4. Use oils with high comedogenicity
- Comedogenicity is a measurement that not everybody knows about.
- This measurement shows the ability of oils to clog pores.
- For example, coconut oil has high comedogenicity, so you shouldn’t apply it to your face (it will clog your pores), but it’s wonderful for your body and lips as it fills in the small creases in them.
5. Cucumber mask
- Remember those funny scenes in movies where women sit with 2 cucumber slices on their eyes?
- That works for your lips too! Take a thin slice of cucumber or a cucumber paste, and apply it to your lips for 5–10 minutes.
6. Yogurt & Cucumber Lip Mask
The material is quite simple all you need:Article Source: Apples Health
- Organic honey
- First wash and skin the cucumber, cut few pieces and press some juice out of them.
- Then add some honey and yogurt together and mix.
- Wa la! Leave them on the lip and surrounding area for 15 min. then wash off!
The proper proportion is like this: a Half stick of cucumber, one teaspoon of honey and one teaspoon of yogurt. I like to reduce to just a little because you can’t store them and use it again. And you really don’t need a lot