Dark spots, uneven skin tone, and acne scars can leave your skin looking less than desirable, but did you know that papaya seed oil can do some AMAZING damage control?! Papayas contain an enzyme called papain which has natural skin lightening properties, as well as a slew of other great skin benefits! Today we’ll show you how to use papaya seed oil to lighten skin and help get rid of dark spots, scars, and uneven skin tone.
How to Use Papaya Seed Oil to Lighten Skin: a DIY Skin Lightening Serum
This serum is super easy to prepare, you just need to make sure you have all the ingredients! They’re easily purchased online, such as on Amazon, and they’ll last you for quite a while!
We’ve had amazing success with this skin lightening serum and of course the secret ingredient IS the papaya seed oil which you CANNOT skip!
- 1/4 cup papaya seed oil
- 7 drops lemon essential oil
- 7 drops carrot seed essential oil
- 10 drops sandalwood oil
1. Prepare a glass bottle (preferably with a dropper). Make sure it’s very clean!
2. Pour the papaya seed oil into the glass bottle and add the rest of the essential oils.
3. Shake gently to stir.
4. Store in a cool, dry place.
5. Use 2-3 drops before bedtime and massage gently into skin, focusing on dark spots and scars. Leave on overnight.
6. Do not use during the day, as the ingredients are photo-sensitive which can cause your skin to burn.