Nose piercing bump looks unsightly -it can turn red, swollen and fill up with pus when it is infected. So, how to get rid of this problem?
Before that we will see what nose piercing bump is.
What is Nose Piercing Bump?
A bump may appear at the site of piercing at early stages. Bump may occur where the skin cells are dead and become red and fills with pus which causes immense pain .
It also leads to infection, when it is untreated for many days. The two common reasons for causing a bump around a nose piercing are trauma and bacterial infections.
Some nose piercing develops bumps like keloids and granulomas require doctors treatment.
Nose piercing Bump Without Infection
If there is no sign of infection and you have a nose piercing bump that don’t go away, then it is the symptom of granuloma or keloids.
A granuloma can appear just beside your pierced skin, which looks like small reddish spot. It is caused by overgrowth of tissue around your pierced area. Even though it is not an infection, it tends to bleed easily and ulcerate and form crusted sores.
Another nose piercing bump which doesn’t goes away is called keloid. It’s a scar tissue that form after body piercing and leave a white bump around piercing area.
To get rid of nose piercing bumps which are called granuloma and keloids you may need professional medical care.
Nose Piercing Bumps With Infections
A nose piercing bump with infection resembles a pimple. These pimples inflamed tinder and fills with puss which causes pain in pierced area. The body tries to isolate the infection by forming lumps under the skin which is called an abscess.
How do You Know your Piercing Nose is Infected
Here are few symptoms to know that your piercing area is infected:
- The pierced area is painful to touch.
- It remains swollen for longer time.
- Excess crust formation on the wound
- It is inflamed and becomes red
- It starts bleeding after the initial stage of healing
- Fever, nausea and chills
- Foul smell from piercing
- Burning and itching sensation
- Healing process time takes longer than required.
Home Remedies for Nose Piercing Bump
Here are some of the effective home remedies to keep your pierced area bump and infection free. These remedies will help in healing the bump faster.
Sea Salt Soak
Sea salt is extremely effective in avoiding infections and also to get rid of bump. Sea salt water helps to clean the pierced and removes any discharge that has accumulated. This saline solution helps to kill the bacteria which cause infection and help it heal faster.
How to use it?
- Mix one tea spoon of sea salt in one cup of warm water and let the salt dissolve completely in water.
- Soak a cotton ball in the solution and apply the ball on your piercing bump.
- Repeat it for 3-4 times in a day and make sure that you clean with a clean piece of paper towel after soaking with cotton ball.
Warm water is very effective as it helps in increasing the blood circulation in infected nose and speed up the healing process and salt helps in draining the pus from the wound.
Chamomile Tea Bag
Chamomile tea is effective in reducing infection and help wounds to heal quicker. It reduces inflammation of the skin, soothes the skin to relieve irritation and repairs damage skin.
How to use it?
- To make use of chamomile tea bag for nose piercing bump, place chamomile tea bag in warm water.
- Place it on piercing area for ten minutes and then again dip in the warm water and apply it again.
- This can also be used in the combination of salt sea water.
- Repeat this remedy for 3-4 times in a day, it will reduce the infection of the skin.
Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil contain anti bacterial and anti inflammatory properties which helps to reduce the infection, redness and itching around the nose piercing bump.
How to use it?
- You can apply tea tree oil directly on the infected area. Or
- Soak a cotton ball in tea tree oil and gently rub the cotton ball around the infected area.
- You can also use coconut oil instead of tea sea oil.